Monday, April 21, 2008

Reeney's Thoughts

I did not get selected to be a delegate for the Democratic Convention.

I am a little disappointed, but received so many kind words from supporters and other Democrats that I am feeling very good about myself.

The person who won had great credentials and a huge following from a county that has a larger population than Camden County. As always, it is about the numbers and she had more people at the caucus than I did.

I was very proud of the Camden County Democrats that drove to Waycross to support me. A huge thank you for getting up early on Saturday morning to go and vote for me. A special thanks to Linda Victory and Ronna Nelson who have worked with me through the entire election process.

It truly is a great time to be a Democrat. The entire election process and the support of that process is an inspiration to work even harder for the Democratic Party. The courtroom was filled, standing room only, with Democrats that are eager to work diligently to ensure we win in November at the state level and national level.

I have decided not to pursue being a delegate by running at-large on the state level. I am going to save my energy for the election in November. I will be calling on all of my friends to help ensure we have a landslide victory in the Fall.

Together we can make a difference.

Reeney

No comments: